If your business sells services or products globally, then discovering new non-branded keywords per country, would be the sensible thing to do, if you are looking to expand your brand name internationally.
Discovering new non-branded keywords terms used in the targeted countries is one of the first things you should be looking at. See bullet-points further down. This is valid for any business industry (Ecommerce, consulting, car industry, financial…) as long you have top results in your own country.
Related topic: to find more information selling online overseas
At CTH SEO department, we have a great experience in helping/growing businesses globally using international SEO tactics. We first audit, analyse your’s and your opponent’s content to build a SMART SEO strategy.
By creating a SMART SEO Plan your business will easely reach but also get better chances to expand internationally. This allows you to identify potential hanging fruits but also topic keyword groups (per country) that are vital for growth whilst targeting the right visitors/customers for a better return on your investment.
Why group keywords into taxonomies?
By drilling down your keyword findings to each segment enables you to create better product pages but also data-driven decisions. We can help organise all keywords into sector-specific taxonomies.
These are bespoke to your business, and naturally unique to the keyword research strategy. You’ll be able to slice keywords by for example: topic, relevance, purchase stage funnel, difficulty level and/or level of opportunity. The more you scrutinise, the more focussed the keywords you see.
This makes things easy when identifying those SEO opportunities. Because we’ll know where to focus, but also work around each page’ content to rank highly for these particular queries. High visibility in search engine’s own world, is paramount, creates great visibility (an endorsement), whereby visitors see and associate your business to quality and trustworthiness.
How to create international SEO strategy? [High-level topic guide]
- Analyse Google Trends to identify market’s potential
- Analyse potential category numbers per target country
- Determine your primary goals per country
- Revise your buyer personas
- Conduct keyword research per target country (use Semrush or Ahrefs)
- Identify opportunities and gaps in those markets
- Cross-reference main competitors (gap analysis)
- Build your own Keyword category seed basket
- Extract the top selling terms ( the ones you think its worth investing)
- Insert in secondary terms
- Create Kw vol potential (pivotable worksheet per country)
- Create campaign strategy plan
- Start updating/creating own pages (use newly searched/lingo term for the topic in your page title, and scatter synonyms onpage)
- Do internal and external linking
- Instal Google Analytics Geo reports to monitor your global traffic
- Attend the main technical aspects (specially hreflang implementation…)
- Check weekly key metrics for each performed action.
This planning structure works well for existing sites or any new website. If you are looking to expand your brand internationally, we are ready to guide and provide expert SEO consultancy advice.
Be aware that International SEO strategy is more like running a marathon and should be considered a long term investment (time and research).
To find out more about our international SEO services, please get in touch with us today to arrange a call or Zoom meeting. Alternatively, feel free to take a look at our recent successful international SEO case studies.