Digital marketing has changed the way businesses behave and sell themselves. The focus is on being more disruptive, smarter, innovative and quicker than everything else.
Our digital strategy consultants help small and medium sized businesses differentiate themselves from the herd.
Why digital marketing strategy?
If you want to crash the competition you must create an effective digital marketing strategy that will set you apart. There is only two ways to go about it.
In the event that you decide to go for the first option (which is okay), then you must have premium tools. You’ll need the know how and processes to plan the sequences ahead.
How and Where can I find out more about digital strategy and its planning?
Planning and strategy go hand-in-hand. These are parts of the business that you can tackle yourself. Although, I recommend you to hire a digital marketing consultant to set the tone and guide you through the whole process.
Try SOSTAC® by PR Smith – S.O.S.T.A.C stands for :
Situation Analysis (meaning where are we now?)
Objectives (state and log where do we want to go next?)
Strategy (simply draw – how do we get there?)
Tactics (these are the details of your strategy including the marketing mix & comms mix.)
Action (these come from the details of tactics – who does what , when & processes & systems)
Control (this is your dashboard with specific metrics to keep an eye at all times)
Download audit tool to assess your business before moving and/or start creating/ improving your digital content strategy plan. Save time, money by checking your internal processes if you want to keep that competitive market superiority.
A digital strategist consultant must be able to perform an audit providing you with clear and detailed information to address the business issues/problems.
Who needs a digital marketing strategy?
Answer: Every single online business.
Why you should (first) perform a digital strategy audit?
We believe that every serious business needs to run a self digital business assessment/audit.
Note: Unless you’re one man band starting your business you won’t be needing it.
The following people should or need to perform an audit at least twice a year:
- Business owners – want to increase traffic and brand reputation
- CEO’s – need to know the ROI based on multiple content marketing strategy campaigns
- Entrepreneurs or Startups – are looking to find and/or identify new market opportunities
- CMO’s – will research, analyse market and direct competition whilst creating new strategies.
Put it this way – from the moment you and/or your people publish content online, it will be old by the end of that day.
How can digital strategy help you?
- Allows you to focus and align your business goals
- It gives you a clear direction to where you should go next
- It structures teams while helping you saving time and money
- It helps mapping/ understanding your target audience
- You will know of the market trends & be ahead of competitors
- It helps you run you digital marketing channels more efficiently
- Stay in control of situation with specific metrics.
How to implement a digital strategy?
I recommend businesses owners to plan their online presence even if they’re just starting. Many are asking how they can go about and sort out their digital strategy in order to really understand how to engage, communicate with their audience.
The key elements to look at are resources, improve internal processes and content marketing.
Now, if you and your business are looking for digital marketing consultants that can plan, make recommendations but also manage teams without comprimising on the budget get in touch.
CTH can make your digital strategy GLOW:
- Grow, save time and money: by eliminating misaligned processes and tactics, whilst retraining resources
- Learn from the competition: by producing detailed roadmaps that provide actionable tactics and differentiation
- Optimise ROI: by training internal staff, partner selection, and effective marketing planning
- Win new markets: by researching and analysing new market opportunities.
Digital strategy consultants are your best allies and know how to plan, organise and create the following elements:
- Web Content Strategy: vital to plan your content before creating it (landing pages, blog posts, microsites, user experiences, images, videos etc)
- Promotion & Advertising: understand email, content and social media marketing, to digital media channels (organic search, mobile, digital video, webpage lead generation, webinars, event, sponsorships)
- Technology: content management platforms, marketing automation, analytics and data (visual) management
- Partners: search for new serious partners for your business, whether its in content creation, optimisation and/or Website maintenance.
What are the main digital strategy benefits?
- Professional and independent analysis from an experienced team.
- A comprehensive digital strategy framework allowing you to plan, organise resources whilst measuring performance and understanding the digital environment.
- Gauge competition and market best-practice to guide you and set priorities across the business/organisation.
- A digital strategy roadmap for all size business planning, execution, and business alignment.
What steps should you take next?
Download our marketing and sales audit worksheet to visualise your current situation. Then you can determine if you need to email us OR schedule a 30 minute call. Thinking starting your digital strategy project right away? You can call us here 01252 679885.
Page updated: 29.04.2019
Image credits: Provided by Pakorn