Looking to increase website revenue?
In this article, I’ll show some secret techniques mixed with straight forward advice that will help you improve your e-commerce site’s conversion rate as well as to grow its average order size
I guess it makes sense to include the options below specially when you’re a small medium business with low budgets.
When designing an online retail or an e-commerce site, it’s vital that you bear some key things in mind and start by asking yourself these questions. Is the new site fit for purpose?
I owned an ecommerce site and I’ve been learning and testing so many different tactics, techniques to help increase my website revenue. I thought I’d share my own experience with you.
Firstly, a frequent mistake that e-commerce owners make is to focus on acquiring new visitors to increase revenue. Some people may say that you have to acquire new customers in order to survive, I partially disagree with that. You’ll learn the why later on.
Whilst that strategy can be helpful in the long-term, it can also become costly. I’ve learn that at my own expense. Trust me, when I say it’s often cheaper to focus on growing revenue from your existing shoppers. Create or update your content plan with a focus on: topic, worst seasonal commercial products, pages viewed but no purchases, bounce rates with <20 seconds,… But also add best products that need to improve conversion rates; and increasing the website average order size, plus do not forget to consult GSC and server logs, very helpful for pulling more punters in.
Note: these techniques or/and ideas are not new, they’ve already helped millions of businesses grow website revenue. (including my e-commerce site).
How do you improve conversion rates whilst saving money and time?
Here are some proven strategies:
- Offer promotions in your shopping cart: Great incentives will get your visitors excited, I mean, who doesn’t love a bargain. Offering 35% off is very tempting and an impulsive purchase may occur earlier than you can imagine
- Offer reward-points in your products page: Whilst promoting your products , make sure you show-case products with reward points. Let’s say that you can increase shopping conversion just telling your customer that you can offer them 30 points = 10 pound if he/she purchases that product
- Make your shipping costs transparent: Obvious isn’t it. No one likes nasty surprises and if you make them wait until the checkout stage, you’re increasing the abandon rate. Instead show your visitors/shoppers the postage costs early. They’ll validate the sale as it a normal process, because they expect to see a postage cost, unless you funnel and tempt them to add another item to get free postage. Believe it or not if you provide your customers with as many options as possible and low shipping costs it can increase your conversion rates by 20-35%
- Use guest checkout: Never force a visitor to create an account. A great number of buyers don’t want to create an account. New visitors want to accomplish their purchase in 3-4 clicks, as they’re generally busy. So, allow them to perform a one click-checkout and go on with their lifes
- Test and optimize your checkout processes: You must perform A/B test pages. Try different button colors, sizes etc. Try a short cart page with what you think is essential, you may find that some colors and buttons work better than others
- Provide with alternative payments:The majority of US and Europeans buyers like to pay with PayPal, Stripe and less pay by credit card. Tip: Offer card alternatives – based on your customers country
- Offer free shipping based on average order: Find and take your customer’s (annual) average order and make it the base amount for your free shipping
- Adopt and display a return policy:Be honest at all times. Tell your visitors what sort of information you’ll collect, what you will and not do with it. How secure it is, what will be displayed, what type of products can be returned and by what date.. Many consumers won’t place an order, unless they know they can return unwanted items. Also consider giving in between 15-20 days return policy
- Provide value-added service: Some customers will ask you for: gift-wrapping, special messages, vouchers, newsletters and wish list service – can you help them?
- Make your site fast and secure: Nowadays, site speed is crucial to keep customers browsing. Consumers have no tolerance for a slow website – especially if they’re on smartphones. An SSL sign will help identify and reassure them that your site is secure.
Remember, you’ll benefit from even the smallest improvement in conversion rates. So, today’s lesson – the sooner you start improving your page conversion the sooner you’ll increase your revenue – Its crucial to get started with checkout pages.