Digital marketing resources [Free and Paid]
We all get emails and/or questions on best online marketing tools, SEO and social media platforms. All asking for tips and/or recommendations on a variety of topics. To save time, I decided to put a resource list/topic page together in order to help you make a quick informed decision.
Templates and checklists are among the top 5 downloaded resources. No surprise, as these are marketing essentials to help you manage your content marketing strategy, social media and more.
Hope you’ll enjoy it.
Herein, I will share the must have and/or essentials tools.
Be aware and make sure you know where your priorities are in order to achieve your goals, don’t spend time with things you don’t need. Note that I only select the industry’s best tools to craate and/or organise, promote or help you (and me) build and grow our businesses.
Tools to help you analyse, grow and manage your business
- Linkedinfluence – the ultimate Linkedin training course. Everybody knows that Linkedin is simply the most powerful social network for B2B but also B2C.
I recommend this [brilliant] course. It give you a complete step-by-step [quickly] on how to introduce yourself, engage, secure more leads, find better clients, and/or potential investors. Find for yourself.
It provides you with detailed instructions on how to improve your profile header,promote yourself and profit from many live events that build your brand with more fresh leads, and boost your online revenue.
Voted the best Linkedin course on Internet with >18,000 copies sold.
You ‘re actually investing $100 in yourself when buying this course. You will get many times your money back when leads become clients. It’s well worth it.. If you aren’t happy with the course, you always have the option to get your money back after 60 days. You just need to ask and they will refund you.
- Read data from social media accounts with fanpage karma – With social media management tool you can perform multiple tasks in one go. Analyze your accounts first, then spy on the competitors’ (FB, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pin). Their free plan gives you a complete 90-day analysis for one page along with a comparative dashboard for a competitor of your choice. On top of that they’ll send a weekly report and alerts.With the free analytics version: you’ll see engagement, growth, most-seen content, keywords, top posts, engagement by day, time, post type and typr of supporters, frequency among other metrics. Wow.
- Pipedrive: Perfect for small/ medium sized businesses. Pipedrive is a cloud-based CRM & pipeline management tool. Very easy to use, thus intuitive leading you to focus on actions that matter. Was created by sales pros. You can really grow your business quicker with Pipedrive. It also connects/integrates with several other tools (Google apps, email marketing etc..).
- Streak -CRM: If you are on a budget you can start with the free CRM version. It connects with all Google apps, communicate, and manage your contacts/ business from one central place. What else?
- Rapportive: Allows you to discover personal details about your contacts. Click on any email address in your inbox and youo’ll see the person’s contact details and social connections appear in the sidebar. A very handy tool for verifying or validating email addresses. When the person’s contact information shows up then you know you’ve got the right email.
- Content marketer: Allows you to find email addresses and reach out to influencers. You can find and send emails via your Google account. Use their pre-built templates and enjoy your work by scheduling and automated follow-up sequences.
- Business Strategy Planning Infographic 2018: Visual business setup reminder if you are just starting your business from scratch. Email me if you need the guidance or help.
- GanttProject: Schedule and manage your projects. GanttProject is free, written in Java and features Gantt chart, resource management, calendar mode, you can also import/export (MS Project, HTML, PDF, spreadsheets…)
- SWOT Analysis
» Startup/Technology Sites
- Hacker News: crowd-sourced tech/ Startup content.
- Alistapart: is a bit like going to your local library so you can ask clever people to explain/talk about CMSs. They’re talking about content strategy and how you can improve your site, design and optimisation.
- Startups directory Europe: Leading startup in E.U. Find jobs, new startups, data-driven analysis, know-how etc.
- ProductHunt: I am addicted to new technology. If you want to grasp what’s new and who is doing well visit the site.
» SEO / Lead Generation/ Courses
- Distilled.net: The very top notch to find what SEO consultants are talking and sharing knowledge.
- Search Engine Land: Like the name says – the land of fresh news on the search industry.
- SEO Book: Smart analysis of the search field and SEO.
- Thrive Leads: The ultimate list building plugin for WordPress.
- Learn How to Make Money From Youtube – No Skills or Filming needed.
» Plan, Write, Edit, Curate Content Marketing
- Digital marketing guidelines: Kindly provided by the University of Edinburgh. Writing for the Web needs proper guidance – Content student or small business owner, you can download the guidelines that cover good practice in writing and structuring the information for the Web.
- Mind42: Free online mind mapping tool – fantastic tool to help you visualise and organise information. The mind maps can either be private (by default) or shared. >> Possible Downloads.
- BuzzSumo: Analyse industry topics (that work) or look out for competitor’s content.
- Listly: is another (useful) free platform for curating and sharing all your lists. You can enter any topics you like, from social media marketing to science fiction – you name it. The plus side: online users can follow your lists, if they like what they see, they can upvote your list pushing it to rank higher. Create your best Listly and start promoting it and/or upvote your favourites.
- Apester: is another great free interactive tool. Create and start collecting data whilst engaging with your readers.
You can use polls, quizzes etc.
- Content Marketing plus Social Media Editorial Calendar Template : Once open, go under “File” and “save as” whatever .xls version you have.
- Quadrant-Channels-Keywords : write and log ideas onto same screen and plan.
- Go to Google spreadsheets: share and track everything you want.
- Camtasia: screen recording and video editing plus sharing.
- Jing: simple way to share images and short videos- and its free.
- Share images: quotes, triple likes, favorites, and retweets.
- Online image editor: great free tool to resize, edit, crop, add text or convert your images.
» Storage + Developers Hosting Plans
- Linode: Just log in and start deploying and manage any SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Select and get your server up and running.. in seconds with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location.
- Cloudflare: Set up your own cloud under 5 minutes. No need to change web hosting provider. You can protect your DNS and you don’t need coding skills at all. They have over 115 Data Center across the Globe.
- Heroku: Innovative platform as a service (PaaS) enabling developers across the world to build and run applications entirely in the cloud.
» Fast Web Hosting for WordPress
Are you looking for lightning fast WP hosting, secure and professional web services? Then without hesitation I highly recommend WPX . I’ve been using their managed WordPress solutions and services since nov. 2015 and I never looked back.
They’re the top dog in the hosting industry. No doubt about it.
Traffic Planet hosting was rebranded (in November 2016) to www. wpxhosting.com [WPX].
Several things I like from WPX – first one is the Free SSL – saves you at least £80/$100 per year on renewals alone. But also saves you lots of time on implementation side. When you purchase the WPX hosting package the Free SSL certificate is automatically installed for you (month after month), whether it is for one or multiple sites.
Pssh, don’t tell anyone, but another cool thing they offer is a free site migration service and expert support. Difficult to believe right, but yes. All you have to do is grab the mouse and press the button. Your site will be up and running under 1-2 hours.
Plus, if you have a problem with any plugins or anything else they’ll quickly rescue you with a under 2 minute response.
Fancy reading and learn more about web hosting and why it’s important to have a fast site? Read it here.
» Best WordPress themes
Looking to create professional looking WordPress websites? The first (and the cheapest) thing to do before setting-up a WordPress is:
Very important: Write a content strategy plan and then pick or find a theme to publish your content!
Here are some that we use and recommend. Whether you are starting a blog, or setting up a complex website, these names below know what a WordPress platform needs. They will keep your WordPress fast, scalable, and secure.
- StudioPress themes: Our website is built on this platform – a Studiopress theme. Simply because they are secure, robustly built on Genesis framework and of course mobile responsive.
» Landing Pages
Build your own business brand/blog from scratch and get a professional look. Perfect when you need to (must) create selling pages or any page.
In other words enticing people to sign up to your mail list, by just creating landing pages with beautiful opt-ins.
Try these two: Thrives or Elementor
» Web Security
- Wordfence: The WordPress security plugin that provides free extra layer of protection, it keeps your website safe from hacks and malwares.
- Authy: Protects people and businesses against malicious hacking with two-factor authentication security.
- Tinfoil Security: is a website application security solution built by a team of MIT graduates. This app will keep monitoring and checking for vulnerabilities using a constantly updated (algo) scanner. Audience: medium-large businesses.
» Paid and Free books – Courses
- Project Gutenberg the first producer of free e-books. Find all sorts of books – updated daily.
- Good to great (was recommended to me by Felix Velarde.. many thanks sir)
We have some premium resources to help your online strategy if you need.
Please note that some of the products listed or recommended on this page are affiliate links.
Should you be concerned with it? No. This simply means that if you purchase one of the products it will have no additional cost to you whatsoever. I only earn a small commission from it.
I hope you understand that I only recommend softwares and/or products that I have tested, used or heard from influencers. Also bear in mind that, when I do recommend one of these products, I literally put my business reputation on the line, and that is something I highly protect.
Note: We’ll update this page with many other useful resources as often as possible. Feel free to share this useful page with your peers.
Thanks for visiting.